Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Marsha Thornton ~ Marsha Thornton (1990)

The first of only two albums by this rising star of the early 90's. Her blossoming career came to a screeching halt when her contract was terminated suddenly by MCA in 1991 when it was brought to their attention in some form or another that she was a lesbian (regardless of the fact that it was allegedly well known by those in Nashville, I'm assuming it was brought to their attention by someone of importance.) Very, very sad. This debut album was produced by the legendary Owen Bradley and features her first hit single, "A Bottle of Wine and Patsy Cline" ... This album is long out of print and not even available anywhere digitally.
 
Title: Marsha Thornton
Year: 1990
Label: MCA Records
Source: CD
# of tracks: 10
 
DOWNLOAD:
 
 

2 comments:

  1. People can be so bigoted.....

    I am a Trans woman..... Before I transitioned some 6 years ago, I hosted an online radio program for almost 10 years, all about the music I love.

    I chose to discontinue the program because I believed people would not react well to the changes that were about to take place at the time.

    I miss it sometimes.

    I had never heard of Marsha Thornton until today, but I'm going to check her out, as I'm sure I will enjoy her. Thanks, Glenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant album.This woman,with such a great voice,should have been a big star,regardless of her sexuality.Whatever became of her?

    ReplyDelete