Friday, April 30, 2021

Bradley Kincaid ~ Mountain Ballads and Old Time Songs, Album Number One (1963)

Please note that with this series of albums as well as those by other albums I have on Bluebonnet from a few of my favorite artists that I will be posting, these albums are of varying sound quality even though the copies I have are in excellent shape. This is not due to any restoration that I did, this is more so due to cheap manufacturing and pressing and even more so due to sub-par equipment used in preparing a disc master for vinyl. The quality improves on the later volumes, thankfully, on all their albums. Anyway, these recordings Bradley Kincaid did for them (basically every song in his huge repertoire over a two day period) are some of my favorites. It should also be noted that this particular volume was actually meant to be Album Two and Album Two was supposed to be one, as evident from the catalogue numbers. This was more than likely a mix up during printing. Anyway, enjoy these next few posts. Bradley Kincaid is my favorite artist right after The Carter Family.
 
Title: Mountain Ballads and Old Time Songs, Album Number One
Year: 1963
Label: Bluebonnet Recording Studios
Source: Vinyl (Restored for my personal listening. Sound quality grade: A-.)
# of tracks: 14

DOWNLOAD:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment