Thursday, September 30, 2021

Mary Kay Place ~ Tonite! At The Capri Lounge: Loretta Haggers / Aimin' To Please (2011)

Both of her albums released in 1976 and 1977. The first one features her hit single "Baby Boy" that she made famous on the satirical soap opera Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman as Loretta Haggers, the aspiring country singer. The second album features a duet with Willie Nelson. Both are great albums.
 
Title: Tonite! At The Capri Lounge: Loretta Haggers / Aimin' To Please
Year: 2011 (1976/1977)
Label: Wounded Bird Records (Sony Music)
Source: CD
# of tracks: 22 (2 bonus tracks)
 
DOWNLOAD:
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for posting all the Mary Kay Place
    material (her entire discography to date, I guess). I remember that when "Aimin' To Please" originally came out, I assumed it would be too pop- or MOR-oriented for me, so I simply ignored it. But now I have to agree with you: this artist is really, really good!

    ReplyDelete